Infectious diseases and viruses, such as COVID-19, can be transferred from one person to another by either coming in contact or touching contaminated surfaces.
- Public restrooms have always been a huge repository of various kinds of bacteria
- People are highly apprehensive to touch things inside a public restroom
- But with the advent of COVID-19, this apprehension has graduated to a need to not touch anything in a public place let alone in a restroom
- Hence, we need immediate but cost effective solutions to eliminate hand touch as much as possible to prevent the spread of COVID 19
Merino presents Foot Latch, a restroom cubicle accessory that allows the user to lock and unlock the door of the cubicle using his/her foot.
Key Features –
- Completely hands free
- Integrated occupancy indicator
- Highly Durable– Made of SS 304
- High tolerance of slider for effortless operation
- Suitable for any type of cubicle or door
- Easy Installation – Can be installed within minutes without any formal training
- User pushes the kick plate to enter the cubicle
- The user places his/her shoe on the teeth made on female part of the latch and pushes the door to locking position
- After the door reaches locking position, the user slides the latch mounted on the pilaster to lock the door. In this process the outside occupancy indicator turns red.
- To unlock the door, the user slides back the slider from locking position to release the door. In this process the occupancy indicator turns white. The user now places his/her shoe on the teeth made on female part of the latch and pulls the door to open it.
|Country of Origin||India|
|Application||Restroom Door, Internal Door|
|Dimensions||L 131 X W 118 X H 49 mm|
|No. of Components||4 ( Foot Slider, Foot Pull, Push Plate and Occupancy Indicator Assembly)|
|Occupancy Indicator||Yes (with Color Blind option)|
|Joinery Mechanism||M4 SS screws (Included in the package)|
|Weight||350 gms (0.350 Kg)|
|Test Certificates||Salt Spray Test (1500 Hours)|
|Finish/es||Brushed Satin Finish (Also available in Lacquered and Powder coating)|
|Operations||Inward opening, Outward Opening Doors|
|Door Swings||Left and Right|
|Project Type||New Installations , Retro Projects|
|Door Thickness||12mm and 18mm|
|Door Material||HPL Compact, Plywood, Particle board, MDF, HDF, Solid Wood (Does not work with Glass or Metal Doors)|
Yes, slightly different assembly available for it
It can be installed. The color can be matched by powder coating in black, grey and white
No, Foot Latch is only available in SS
No, it can be easily installed by a semi-skilled carpenter
No, Foot Latch can be installed in any cubicle whether old or new
Merino Foot Latch can be installed in any door made of HPL Compact, Plywood, Particle board, MDF, HDF, Solid Wood.
If the door doesn’t reach the closing position with gravity hinge, the teeth grab on the door can be used to push/pull the door to desired position.